There are many go-to options that property owners stand by on the residential or commercial roofing marketplace. Almost everyone knows about shingles, concrete tiles and metal. However, there is another reliable material that provides high-quality and long-lasting protection to your roof. It is called the PVC (polyvinyl chloride) roofing, a single-ply roofing membrane that is typically used on flat roofs. Here are five of its many advantages.
1. Durability: A PVC roofing membrane has heat-welded seams that create a watertight bond, making it extremely strong and permanent. As a result, PVC roofs do not rely on tapes, adhesives, or caulk for sealing unlike other roofing systems do.
2. Wind Resistance: PVC roofs are incredibly wind-resistant, thanks to their welded seams. They can even withstand hurricanes that fall in Category 3. If you reside in a place where intense winds and storms are common, then PVC residential roofing is for you.
3. Fire Resistance: In addition to high winds, PVC roofs are also resistant to fire. This type of roofing membrane is difficult to ignite and, in fact, resistant to harmful oxidation reactions. Utilizing PVC roofing adds a layer of protection to your home or business.
4. Chemical Resistance: Long chemical exposure is not something you need to worry about when you have a PVC roof. You can be confident that your flat roof system will continue being reliable even when exposed to harsh conditions.
5. Environmental Friendliness: Apart from PVC roofing being a largely recyclable material, its membrane has high solar reflectivity as well. This means that less energy is consumed and less money is spent on utility bills. Like with metal roofing, your heating and cooling needs will be adequately met when you use a PVC roof.
Deschutes Roofing is a trusted company that provides professional roofing services, such as repairs, replacements, and insulation and ventilation, to residential and commercial properties. Call us today at 541-241-5720, or get a free estimate by filling out our contact form here!